Top 5 Personal Injury Lawyers Toronto
Personal Injury Lawyer Toronto
We personally handpicked the best Personal Injury Lawyer in Toronto based on our 100 point inspection process which includes everything from checking reviews, ratings, reputation, history, complaints, satisfaction, trust and cost to the general excellence. We make finding the best businesses in your city easy as 1-2-3.
Toronto Personal Injury Lawyer Services Provided:
Accident Benefits , Amputation Injury ,Birth Injury and Cerebral Palsy,Brain Injury, Car Accident, Children's Injuries, Disability Insurance ,Life Insurance, Medical Malpractice ,Motorcycle Accident ,Premises Liability ,Product Liability,Slip and Fall Injury ,Spinal Cord Injury ,Wrongful Death ,Truck Accident
Mazin & Associates, PC
5 Park Home Ave #120, North York, ON M2N 6L4
What should I do if I get involved in a motor vehicle accident?
If you have been involved in an accident, you should:
- Seek medical assistance immediately.
- Try to obtain details of the parties involved in the accident includingtheir name, address, phone number and insurance policy. If anywitnesses are present, get their details as well.
- Report your accident to the police within 24 hours of the accident.Inform your insurer that you have been injured in an accident within 7 days of your accident.
- Get legal Representation as soon as possible
What is an Accident Benefit Claim (1st party claim)?
An Accident Benefits Claim is a claim that you make to your own automobile insurer for benefits you may be entitled to as a result of the accident. These benefits may include: Income Replacement Benefits; Caregiver Benefits; Non-Earner Benefit; Housekeeping Benefit; Attendant Care Benefit; and your Medical and Rehabilitation costs.
Can I make a claim for accident benefits if I do not have insurance?
If you do not have insurance, certain provisions may still allow you to claim accident benefits under another insurance policy. For example, through the insurance of a spouse, an employer, or even the third party involved in your action.
Can I claim accident benefits if I am at fault?
Yes you may, however, you may be restricted from claiming certain benefits, such as housekeeping and income replacement benefits.
What benefits can I claim from my insurer if I am injured in a motor vehicle accident?
Your accident related injuries may leave you incapable of carrying out your work, personal care, activities of daily living and looking after your children or elders. If so, you may be entitled to the following benefits from your insurer:
- Medical and Rehabilitation benefit: This includes physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage, acupuncture and other modalities.
- Attendant care benefit: You may be entitled to compensation to hire help from another person who can care for your personal needs. This includes taking care of your personal hygiene, dressing and feeding.
- Housekeeping assistance: You may be entitled to claim housekeeping assistance for a maximum of $100.00 per week, to have someone do the housekeeping activities you normally did prior to the accident. This benefit is only payable if you incur the expense of the housekeeping help.
- Caregiver Benefits: You may be entitled to this benefit to a maximum of $250.00 per week, if you are the primary caregiver for a person in need of care, plus $50.00 per week for each additional person requiring care. This benefit is also only payable if you incur the expense of that care.
- Income Replacement Benefits (IRB): You may be entitled to claim this benefit to replace your loss of income for up to 70% of your net weekly income prior to the accident, to a maximum of $400.00 per week.
- Non-Earner Benefit: You may be entitled to $185 per week if you are not employed at the time of the accident. This benefit only starts six (6) months after your accident.